Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Entry 3 Results



Sorry that it has taken so long to finish entry three.   I have been busy and this was a bit too easy to put off.  I also was not exactly sure what to do with these items.  I got some good input on Creative Fun Day and here is what I came up with.

I loved the little bag and was reluctant to pull it apart to make it something else.  My friend Ginny suggested I use some of the other items to connect to the bag in some way.  I liked the concept and so this is what I did. 

I used the center of the metal piece to extend the zipper pull on the end.  I used wire and beads to make it more decorative. 
 I took the big red ribbon, cut it in half and sewed it up on each side making an envelope to store things in.  I used smaller ribbon to decorate the envelopes. 
 The envelopes fit inside the bag.
I still had the two metal bolts from the original metal piece and was not sure what to do with them.  I took them into the studio and played with a few different options and all I could come up with was this bug.  I attached bug eyes to the metal eyes with my new favorite adhesive gel medium and covered the stems of the bolts with decorative duct tape.  I also covered an old metal pin back button with matching duct tape.  I was able to wedge the bolts into the back of pin.  It isn’t too exciting, but it is quirky.


I will post the next challenge soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love the quirky bug, that little creature needs a short story to go with it.

    ReplyDelete