Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 17 - Experiments are Fun

I am not even sure how to begin to explain this magnet.  It came out of “creative play” with various objects.  The base of the magnet is an old pin back button (I have a lot of these) that is about 2 ½ inches in diameter.  The covering is something called a “Lemon Wedge Bag”.   

Here is a lemon wedge in a lemon wedge bag.  They look like little old fashioned night caps when they are not on a lemon.

I got a bag of these at a garage sale at an old restaurant.  I wasn’t sure what to do with them, so I started playing with them using markers, paints and inks.  The design on this bag is a combination of alcohol inks and water color inks.  I placed drops of the ink on the bag and let them run together and around each other.  After they were dried I was able to position the bag over the pin.  The bags fit a 2 ½ inch circle very nicely.  From there I placed a small piece of foam core on the back of the pin to build it up so that I could add a magnet.  I am now trying to come up with even more ideas for these lemon wedge bags.  If you have a suggestion, leave it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment