Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 27 - Duds

Today I went and picked up the candy that I will need for Halloween this year.  I love Halloween and I love being generous with the candy.  However, the candy companies are not being very generous with us these days.  The fun size candy bar has been around for about 44 years and in the last decade they have seemed to be shrinking yearly. I know all candy bars have been shrinking, but I don’t know how much smaller they are going to go and still try to use the word “fun” in their packaging.  Sadly I imagine that the candy companies will probably figure out a way to make candy smears on paper and convince us that they are fun size.  Sigh.  So today’s magnet is a small Milk Duds box from this year’s candy that I will pass out.  The box is deceptive.  It is not full when you open it and the Duds seem smaller than in the past.  The other candy bars in the collection are barely even bite size (which is another “size” you can actually buy.)  So I titled this post “Duds”, not in honor of the candy, but in honor of the candy executives that made the decision to create the incredible shrinking candy bars.  (Oh yeah, I resealed the candy box, stuck a magnet to the back to make this.  It took me longer to type that last sentence than it would to eat a piece of fun size candy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment