Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 5 - Puppy

I found a box of small items I have been saving for years to do who knows what with.  Well I now know that several of these things will be turned into magnets this month.  Today’s choice was a miniature pound puppy.  He looked cute enough and light enough to be the magnet du jour.  I thought this would be a quick process, but I learned a little about magnet making.  First, magnets don’t directly attach well to curvy items and need some extra “help” to put the magnet in a position to adhere to the magnet board (which is what I am using as the backdrop for my pictures this month).  I used a small piece of foam core in between the puppy and the magnet.   I also learned that even a small item like this puppy may need a stronger than expected magnet.  The first small magnet I attached would not hold the puppy on the board.  I got a stronger magnet and that did the trick.  I think I am going to name this puppy “Toby” after the sweet, lost dog that found his way to my house this morning.  Happily I was able to reunite Toby with his owner after about an hour of searching using both online resources and general detective work.

No comments:

Post a Comment