Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 6 - Shrink - Shrank - Shrunk

Today’s postcard is multi-layered, though you can probably only see the top layers.  For sturdiness, I sandwiched a 4x6 piece of recycled cereal box in between two index cards.  (A white one for the back and a yellow one for the front)  Over the top of the yellow card I added a clear plastic index card divider for structure and texture.  I then went through one of my many collections of “stuff” and found these shrink art pieces that I had made years and years ago.  I remember doing these with a friend in high school thinking we would make jewelry out of them.  I have kept them all this time and realized that it was time to let the out of the drawer and into the world.  So I picked out my favorites and glued them with mod podge to the card.  This is another one of those postcards that may not survive an actual voyage through the mail system.

2 comments:

  1. That is really cool. Glad you let them into the real world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool. Glad you let them into the real world!!

    ReplyDelete