Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 11 - Antique ornament

Most of the ornaments on my tree have some sort of personal meaning or memory for me.  The one that I photographed for today is one that was passed down from my grandparents and hung on our family tree when I was growing up.  It has the words Hark the Herald Angels Sing on it in raised glitter.  We had several other decorative balls like this and I have three of the remaining ones.  These were favorites of mine as a child as I thought (and still do) that they were so pretty and clever.   I am also pleased with how the photograph turned out.  I was originally planning to photograph the ornament and crop around the tree.  However I had the camera on the macro setting and I really like the way the picture focuses on the ornament and fades the background – so I did not crop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment