Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 24 - Hark the Herald Angels Sing

Back in my 20s when I had my first apartment and not much money, I was pretty sparse in my Christmas decorating.  This Murano glass angel was my one exception.  I am not much of a shopper and definitely not an impulse buyer.  I will usually forget about something that has caught my interest in a catalog (or now on a website), so I don’t spend a lot of money that way.  However this angel showed up in a catalog one year and I couldn’t get it out of my mind.  I loved the elegant curves of the glass and how it reflected light.  It was certainly not inexpensive (at least in terms of my budget at the time), but it was not hugely extravagant.  I finally decided to splurge and buy it and I am still very glad that I did.  I display it each Christmas and pack it in its original box at the end of the holidays.  This picture was the best of the bunch that I took trying to work with the lighting and such, but it still doesn’t do the piece justice in my opinion.  I think it is a fitting image for Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment