Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 13 - Caroling Candles

For today’s photograph, I worked on setting up the display in a way that it would photograph better.  These candles have been in the family for years.  I am not sure where they came from, but I always imagined that the three carolers were me and my two brothers.  The trees and lamp post candles are bent from being stored (probably in hot attics).  The faces of two of the carolers have faded or rubbed off significantly.  After arranging the piece for the picture, I took different shots using different lighting options and let the flash work on the automatic setting.   This was the picture that I liked best of my various attempts.

An internet search identified these candles as Gurley candles from the 1940s and 50s.  The candle seems to come with the carolers and the trees sold separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment