Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 15 - "Home" for the Holidays

Today is Creative Fun Day (yay!) and so I decided to take a picture of something creative.  This is a Christmas ornament that my dad carved for me after I bought (to everyone’s surprise – including my own) my house.  He used pictures of the house to carve this very cute likeness.  I love it so much that when it is not hanging on my Christmas tree, it is on display in my studio year round.  Someday I need to take a picture of the drawing he made of the house as my housewarming gift.  Speaking of pictures, I don’t think I am getting much better at photography and there are still lots of unfamiliar buttons on my camera.  I am going to try to make an effort to actually read through the “picture taking” section of the manual to see if I can learn a few more actual photography techniques.

1 comment:

  1. Your dad seems pretty awesome! I didn're realize that painting of your house was also one of his pieces. The stockings that you decided to hang up are so cute. Hope Scout gets something great in hers.

    ReplyDelete