Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 27 - Memory Elf


Laying on a lower branch of my Christmas tree is a little gift topper that has been another long-time traditional ornament.  He doesn’t have an attached hanger or even a hole to put a wire hanger through.  I remember him arriving in a box of Christmas presents from my aunt and uncle one year.  I think he was a gift decoration, but he had gotten separated from him “gift” and was just in the box on his own.  I didn’t want him to feel left out and so I gently set him on a lower branch of the tree where he could lay on the pine.  (I also thought at the time that maybe the cat would want to play with him if he was on a lower branch.)  At the end of the holiday, he was packed away with the other Christmas decorations.  When we decorated the next year, I found him and returned him to his “spot” and did so on many subsequent years.  He now rests on the lowest branch of my tree each year.  (He looks like he is hanging on the tree in this picture, but he is actually balanced on the branches.  I took the picture from above.)

No comments:

Post a Comment