Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 10 - Tire Swing

This little tire swing is made from an old toy compass that was encased in a circular rubber base.  The base always looked like a tire to me (and was probably designed that way).  I had long ago lost the compass which kept falling out and today I cut out the rubber center of the compass holder and threaded some thin macramé cord on it to look like rope. 

To get a good picture, I remember that my neighbor has some small trees in his backyard.  I went out and tied the tire swing to the lowest branch to take the pictures.

Scout wanted you to have a better idea of the actual size of the piece, so she graciously added her tail to this photo -
 
And then posed by the tree and swing for a final portrait.

2 comments:

  1. I love the last picture. Scout looks like she is waiting for a pre-dinner show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it's just waiting for a tiny tiny person to come along. I love your miniature posts. I hope Caleb likes dollhouses when he grows up ;)

    ReplyDelete