Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 18 - Litter Box, Pad, Litter and Scoop


I was so excited to get Shannon’s “request/suggestion” in the comment’s section yesterday, I decided to get started on today’s miniature right away and it has been really fun trying to figure out how to make this happen.   After a few other ideas didn’t quite “pan” out for the litter box, I went with the bottom of a small match box.  I used a black Sharpie to color it and I filled it with actual hydroponic litter box sand.  (This is an expensive product that is used for getting urine samples from a cat.  If you ever need to do this, let me know and I will tell you how we finally figured out how to achieve success in that process.)

The litter box pad (a necessity for all cat owners with indoor litter boxes) was cut from one of those rubber jar openers that companies give away as promotional materials.

The box of litter is made out of parts of the match box top, cut and covered with the labels of the litter that we use here.  It looks a little beat up – which is what the box looks like right before it is time to get a new one.

The scoop is something I have had for awhile.  I think it was originally a long swizzle stick for a drink that someone gave me.  I cut it down and in the past (long past) I “used” it as a miniature garden trowel, but I think it actually looks more like a litter scoop.

I refrained from putting some sort of representative “poop” in the box (though I will admit that I did think of it.)

This was fun and will hopefully encourage other people to leave request/suggestions in the comments section. 

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! wish you had a miniature kitten to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I LOOOVE this! I'm just seeing it this morning, and it cracks me up...even the "pan" pun got me rolling! Very fun use of some new materials! And, I agree with Rachel, a miniature cat may be in order to complete the scene here! I'm sure you could procure some loose hair from Scout without her knowing, right?? Ha! Thanks for accepting the challenge...now, what else could I suggest?? Hmmm! (PS - I think the poop would've been hilarious! Had a flashback to our first Groups project that you had us do with the Kitty Litter Cake!)

    ReplyDelete