Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 25 - Sea Shell Collection

So I didn’t actually make today’s miniatures.  I will give God the credit for the actual creation, but I did do the work of finding them years ago when I was visiting a beach near Tampa.  Every day I would walk on the beach and find normal size shells of interest.  One day I was sitting at the edge of the beach sifting sand through my hands and I looked down and saw what looked like a tiny cone shell.  Upon further investigation, I realized it was a perfectly formed tiny cone.  As I sifted through more sand I found these other tiny shells including small clam or cockle shells, olive shells, augers, scallops and Chinese hats.  I was amazed.  I saved them for many years by sticking them to a piece of cellophane tape in another shell.  I got them out today for my miniatures series.  I wish my photography skills were better, but each of these is a real miniature sea shell.

1 comment:

  1. YAY God!!! I'm always amazed at the diminutive size of some of the sea shells on the beach or just the size of one grain of sand.

    ReplyDelete