Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 16 - Bulletin Board

I decided to work on my miniature early today and I made a bulletin board.  I took an extra  piece of cork and cut it to size.  I then used pieces of thin balsa wood to make the frame.  To color the balsa, I found a wood grain filler pen and it easily colored the bare wood.  Once I attached the frame, I made “thumb tacks” by cutting down sewing pins with colorful ends.  I printed up a few things to put on the calendar including some photos (one of Scout as a baby and one landscape by my aunt or uncle), a silly dates calendar and a poster.  I was really pleased how this turned out.  The only thing I don’t like is that the cork itself is a bit thick, but that doesn’t really take away from the full effect.

(I have tried to fix it so it is easier to leave comments if you are viewing this blog.  Hint – hint.)

1 comment:

  1. This is so adorable! I only wish there were people tiny enough to fully enjoy this :) Do you have a dollhouse for all of your miniature items?

    ReplyDelete