Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 4 - Declaration of Independence, Quill & Inkwell


I wanted to do something in honor of the Fourth, but didn’t want to do a flag because I already had a miniature flag and I wasn’t sure how I would do fireworks.  I then decided on the Declaration of Independence which I knew would be relatively easy.  So to increase the challenge, I also chose to create a quill and inkwell.  The Declaration of Independence was copied off the Internet and shrunk to size.  (I found out that it was actually quite a big document.)  I printed it on parchment paper, cut it out and folded it to give it some depth and life.  For the quill (which is hard to see - you can see it better if you click on the picture to enlarge it), I found a small dream catcher in my collection that had some thin feathers attached.  I cut off the tip of one of the feathers and then trimmed the bottom to look like a quill pen.  I added a bit of black to the tip to look like ink.   The ink well is the back of an old pin.  It didn’t have a hole in the top, so I had to lay the quill next to it and add a black dot to the top (with a Sharpie) for effect.  I put them all on the miniature table for the pictures.  Happy Fourth of July!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you did the quill and inkwell. How do you come up with the ideas for these? I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.

    ReplyDelete