Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 29 - Welcome Mat


Don’t be distracted by the dollhouse door – I didn’t make that.  I made the welcome mat in front of it and used the door to help display the mat.  It is a bit ironic that I am making a miniature that says “Welcome” when I am so near the end of “30 Days of Miniatures”.  I suppose I should have made this sooner.  The picture doesn’t really show it for what it is.  It looks like a piece of paper with the word welcome on it.  It is actually a piece of thin velvet cut from an old business card carrying case.  I then printed up a mirror image of the word “Welcome” on a piece of sticker backing paper.  Once it was printed I quickly adhered it to the velvet and created the mat.  One day left in this 30 day series and then an actual day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment