Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 5 - Checker board & checkers


Today I decided to do a checkers set.  I knew the board would be easy, but I wasn’t sure what to do about the tiny checkers.  I am excited about the final solution.  I wanted the checkers to be a little thicker than paper, but not as thick as foam core.  I noticed a stack of advertising magnets.  (I get a lot of these and save them for a variety of uses.)  I thought that they might be thick enough.  As I was punching them out with my small hole punch, I realized that they also stick lightly to the back of the magnet.  So once I printed out my checkerboard, I glued it to the back of an advertising magnet and cut it out.  Now my checkers will stay on the board securely until I want to move them around.  Tiny people could actually play checkers with this!

1 comment: