Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 13 - Throw Rug



Today I went into the studio and looked around my supplies to get an idea of what I might want to create.  I saw some yellow tape that looked l like something I could use as a weaving base.   It was some sort of tape one might find at a hardware store to use with a home improvement project.  (I guess.)  I remember buying it for 25 cents at a yard sale because it looked interesting and useful to me.  I cut a piece that I thought would be the right size for a throw rug. I tried several different types of cords and threads and finally decided to use three colors of embroidery thread.  During the first attempt the mesh tape kept pulling apart when the thread got too sticky. For the successful attempt, I cut two pieces of tape the same size and put the sticky sides together as best as I could.  I then wove the embroidery thread through the openings (using 12 strands of floss for each row).  I finished it by trimming the edges to look like fringe.

I took a picture with a vintage miniature chair from my collection to see what it might look like in an actual doll house.

No comments:

Post a Comment