Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 1 - "Poised"


Here is the first in my 30 Day series of ATCs

(Click on ATC for a larger, more detailed view.)

Process – I cut out a  2 ½ inch by 3 ½ inch ATC from water color paper.  I don’t like plain white backgrounds so I used a brick read Distress Ink stamp pad and stamped it on the card to enhance the background and then I stopped.  I wasn’t sure what to do next.  I thought it might be fun to do a silhouette.  I decided to use my favorite reluctant model and printed out a picture of Scout.  I then cut out the picture and two silhouettes.  The green one is a textured paint chip that feels a bit like sand paper and the beige print is probably scrapbook paper. I put them all together on the card and for the most part I liked what I saw.  The background still seemed to need something, so I added the black dots with a Sharpy marker and decided that I was done with card #1.

Name – “Poised” – I chose this name because Scout looks both poised in terms of being dignified and balanced, but also poised in terms of on the brink of starting something or taking off somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment