Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 3 - "Possibilities"


Process – When I gave myself the newspaper challenge yesterday, I think I assumed that there would be something made of card stock such as a mail request or an inserted advertisement.  I was going to glue pieces of the heavier material together to make the base of the ATC.  However, all that was in the newspaper today was newsprint and a few glossy ads that were just as flimsy.  So I ended up starting with another piece of watercolor paper for the base.  I found an ad for fruit which I wrapped around the whole card (bookbinding style).  There was a painting on the front of the paper from a graffiti contest at the Blue Plum Festival in Johnson City.  I cut out the Blue Plum logo and then part of the painting, which looked like an amazing piece of street art.   I then found a comic strip bubble that said something positive and I added that.  This is what I came up with:


I kind of like it. :)

Name – I think I got a little bit lazy on the name and went with “Possibilities” because the word was already in the cartoon bubble and could tie into a lot of different things.  I will leave it up to the viewer's imagination.

Challenge – Create an ATC with a moving element.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you started out with "flimsy newspaper" and ended up with art and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete