Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 26 - "Creative Memories"


(Click on ATC for a larger, more detailed view.) 

Process – This is an ATC that will probably only have meaning for me, but it has been a fun process of walking down memory lane.  Yesterday when I was sorting through some old card stock and cardboard, I found a couple of pieces of fairly sturdy white card in different sizes.  I thought they would be a good thickness to use with ATCs.  I flipped them over and found that they all had printing on the back.  I quickly recognized that the printing was lists of Simplicity sewing pattern numbers.  I had stumbled across some heavy card stock that my dad – who worked for Simplicity Pattern Company years ago – must have rescued from the trash to use with his art work.  At some point he shared them with me and they have been in my stash all this time.
  
I thought it would be fun to transfer the image of a random Simplicity pattern to the front.  I "googled" pattern images and saw one that reminded me of the first clothing item that I had sewn by myself for 4-H – a red and white flowered smock top.  I wondered what the odds would be for finding that exact pattern – especially since I wasn’t sure I would remember what it looked like after all this time.  I put the words “Vintage Simplicity Pattern Smock Top and I instantly recognized my original pattern and I was flooded with memories of the project.   And guess what – since it was a “first project” for me, I still had the actual smock top folded away in a memory box and here it is:


I printed the image and transferred it to the card using my easy transfer method.  It isn’t a creative work of art, but it is a significant creative memory for me.

Name   See last line of paragraph above.

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet piece of art. Very cool that your dad worded for Simplicity.

    ReplyDelete