Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 30 - "Hints"

 (Click on ATC for a larger, more detailed view.)

Process & Name (These go together today) –   The name “Hints” refers to the fact that this card contains a few hints as to what I have decided to do for my next 30 day challenge.  The base of the card is an unusual one.  It is actually made of dyed, woven casting material.  I have access to old casting material and have made a lot of different things with it.  One day I dyed some with yellow Rit dye and then wove some of the wet pieces together before they dried.  When they dried, they were thick sheets of yellow “paper”.  I cut one up into small pieces including one piece the size of an ATC. (Hint – I like to make familiar things out of unrelated items.)  I knew it would be strong enough to hold heavier elements so I pulled the enamel circle out of my printer’s drawer box.  I actually created that enamel circle years ago when I worked at a camp.  (Hint – Next month I will be doing something I used to like to do).  The odd metal square was a piece that I put together thinking that it looked unique like a small television.  (Hint – I generally like three dimensional elements better than one dimensional). Finally the small palette is a tiny version of a real item.  (Hint – I like small things.)

Were you able to put the hints together?.........   My next 30 Day challenge is going to be “Miniatures”.  I loved doll houses and miniature furniture and items when I was younger and I have held on to some of the pieces.  I almost bought a very large hand built doll house recently, but luckily talked myself out of it not knowing where I would put it and that even if I left a specific room open for Scout (see Day 1) to crawl into, she would certainly go through and “redecorate” all of them with her tail.  I used to make a lot of the items that went into my doll house when I was younger.  I think it might be fun to try this again.  I will try to create / show a new  miniature each day.   Let me know if you have any suggestions of things you think I should miniaturize.  

Congratulations to me!  I completed and enjoyed my June challenge.  

2 comments:

  1. This is a really cool card. What are you doing with all your ATC cards? I've never made miniatures, that sounds fun. I can't wait to see what your new "30" looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some of those sport card collector plastic holders (for three ring binders) and I have kept them in order on several pages of those. I will then put the pages in my ATC book.....I guess. Thanks for asking.
      ~Jil

      Delete