Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 21 - "Connected"


First View


Second View

(Click on ATCs for a larger, more detailed view.)
Process – Since there was no specific challenge for today’s card, I was able to let my creativity follow whatever trail that it wanted to follow.  I saw a picture that made me think of accordion books and connected paper dolls so I decided I would make a small one and see what it looked like.  Since it was the easiest shape, I started with the heart.  Having fun doing that and liking how it turned out, I then made two other shapes – a heart and a flower.  (It took two tries to get the flower right as initially I was trying for too many petals.)  I added colorful centers to each flower and glued all three connected chains onto the card which was another piece of the green plastic notebook cover.  I needed to create two scans to make sure you could all see the full “effect”.

Name – I choose the name “Connected” because obviously the figures are connected and also because I received a phone call this morning from my friend Ruth who is back in town from her honeymoon and we were able to meet for lunch.  It is wonderful to see her so happy.  I thought the connected persons – connected hearts - connected flowers could all be considered symbolic of her happy new connection in life, but they also demonstrate her desire to happily maintain her old connections as well.

Challenge –Use the Exacto knife Dad sent me for my birthday in creating tomorrow's card.

1 comment:

  1. I love how the days lunch activity spilled into your ATC. I'm excited to see how you use the Exacto knife.

    ReplyDelete