Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 19 - "Embedded"



(Click on ATC for a larger, more detailed view.) 

Process – Today’s challenge was to use the Random Word Generator to get two words to inspire this ATC.  The words were “Worry” & “Bed”.  I knew I didn’t want to make some sort of literal use of the terms, so I sat down and thought about the words for a bit.  I came up with the idea of “worrying” at something and it made me think of scratching and scrapping at something.  It brought to mind the activity that I think I did in grade school where using crayons, you cover the paper fully with lots of different colors and then put a layer of black paint over it.  Once the paint dries you use a sharp object, like a needle to scratch (worry away) the design revealing the colors underneath.  I realized that in the process, the colors were “embedded” under the paint.  I knew at that point I had my process.

I used oil pastels instead of crayons and colored the ATC based.  The black acrylic paint went on quickly and I left it to dry.  Once it dried, I used a wooden dowel that had a sharp end to carve out the design.  I was happy to see the color come through.
 
Name – I thought the idea of the colors being embedded on the card was clever and thus the name “Embedded”.

Challenge – Tomorrow is my birthday and I will be heading to Asheville for the day.  I will try to get ATC ideas while I am there to put together a celebratory card when I get home.   (I love my birthday!)

1 comment:

  1. That is very awesome! Your colors seem to be dancing on the card.

    ReplyDelete