Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 14 - "Pieces of Peace"


(Click on ATC for a larger, more detailed view.) 

Process – I decided to use one of my favorite simple techniques to make today’s card.  I keep all the scraps of handmade paper that I can – even the tiny ones.  I collage them together on different surfaces and love the final products. So today I decided to cover an ATC card in this way.  It Is also a relaxing process that I can work on while watching something online or listening to an audiobook.  Currently I am addicted to TED talks  (Join me in my addiction) and the one I was watching as I made this card was by John Hunter, an elementary teacher that invented the amazing  World Peace Game for his class.  Here is the link if you want to watch it. John Hunter - TED talk    I was inspired by his idea and motivated by the way the children worked on this project.  There is apparently a documentary on the game as well and I hope to be able to see that.  I finished the card just as the talk ended.

Name – The name came easy as I realized how the card unexpectedly related to what I was watching. The small pieces of handmade paper worked together to make a whole cohesive pattern just as the young children worked together to create a peaceful world made up of different countries and individuals. The focus of the game is working toward peace and making the card was a peaceful experience.  So the name Pieces of Peace seemed like a logical choice.

Challenge – Use words in tomorrow’s card

1 comment: