Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 2 - "Journey"


Today I have been thinking a lot about paths and trails and walking and meditating and gaining insight and I believe that has come out in this card.   

 (Click on ATC for a larger view.) 

Process – I started with another blank watercolor paper card.  I got out my oil pastels and tried to do something with mixing the greens and then added some blues and a bit of orange.  I got out my star hole punch and punched two holes in the cards and glued a piece of orange paper on the back of the card.  Oddly when I scanned the card, it looks like the stars are added to the card rather than removed from it.  (Perhaps the cover of the scanner pushed the orange paper through the holes a bit.).  I cut out a scrap of dark paper in a thin curving shape and positioned it on the card.  I also added the gold sticker circles at various points in the process.

Name – “Journey” – The card ended up looking a bit like a map and so I kept with the paths and walking concept. 

Challenge -  I think I am going to try to give myself a challenge for the next day's card.  This can at least give me something to start with.  So for tomorrow's card - I am challenging myself to somehow use something from the newspaper in the ATC.      

1 comment:

  1. I don't know where my comment went??!!
    I think this looks very cosmic. Can't wait to see what you do with the newspaper

    ReplyDelete