Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

June 9 - "Recycle-Reuse-Reflect"

(Click on ATC for a larger, more detailed view.) 

Process – Today’s challenge was to make a card out of recycled materials.  The card base is a piece of a patterned Kleenex box glued to a piece of a recycled cereal box.  (Cereal box cardboard is very useful.)  The pieces of “mirror” are cut up bits of an old CD.  (Some CDs cut easier than others and this inexpensive CD cut smoother than the thicker more expensive types.)  I glued the shapes to the card and then had the challenge of taking a picture of the card rather than scanning it.  I knew it would just reflect the unattractive insides of the scanner, so I tried several different angles and camera settings until I think I found an image that shows the fact that the “mirrors” reflect without them being too definite about reflecting the camera.

Name – I chose Recycle-Reuse- Reflect because I think all three words went well with the card and the concept.  I really enjoy making objects out of recyclable materials and finding new ways to reuse different things.  I would want to encourage more people to reflect on how they can do that in their own lives.  See how cleverly I got all three words into my description.

Challenge – Use paint in some way on the next ATC  (This truly is a challenge for me as I don’t really like to paint that much.)

1 comment:

  1. When I first saw this card it made me think of 2 contrasting thoughts. Either, a shattered life or picking up the pieces. Can you tell I've been reading the Traveling Mercies book you lent me?

    ReplyDelete