Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 5 - "Satisfactory"

(Click on ATC for a larger view.)


Process – I started with the focus on the challenge of using fabric in the ATC.  I had been experimenting recently with creating marbling designs on painter’s canvas using shaving cream and watercolor inks.  I picked one of my practice scraps and cut it to fit the ATC specifications.  Although it was stiff canvas, I didn’t think it was stiff enough for a card and that’s when I decided to hand sew it to a piece of watercolor paper with embroidery thread.  I then added the beads to the end strands of the embroidery thread.  I considered adding more elements to the card and looked at a few uninspiring options.  I then decided today's card was done and I just needed a name.

Name – The name “Satisfactory” sums up how I feel about this card.  It is satisfactory in terms of meeting the challenge and satisfactory with just the few elements that I used.  It is not my favorite card – but it is satisfactory – and that can be a good thing.

Challenge – Use some sort of transfer technique on tomorrow’s ATC

1 comment:

  1. I like it. I think I will use this method to cover up the glass on my office door.

    ReplyDelete