Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 13 - "This End Up"


(Click on ATC for a larger, more detailed view.) 

Process – Today’s challenge was to create a Zentangle like drawing on a card.  For those that don’t know, Zentangles are designs created from repeated patterns and are often used for therapy and relaxation.  Here is a link for more information - Zentangle Website.
My version is not as amazing as the examples on the website, but it really was relaxing and enjoyable to work on it.  I was able to sit quietly on the floor of the studio and just let my pen draw whatever it felt like drawing.  It is not “beautiful”, but it was an enjoyable process and one that I want to do again. It reminded me of the doodling I would do in school in the margins of my notes.  Doodling helped me to stay focused in class. 

Name – “This Side Up” is what I wrote on the back of the card to identify the way that I wanted to present the card.  I looked at it and decided that it seemed like a good name for an abstract piece of work.  Plus the relaxation experience that was part of the process also made me feel “Up”. 

ChallengeNo specific challenge for tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. How cool!!! I watched a few Zentangle videos last night on Youtube. WOW

    ReplyDelete