Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 10 - "Back-up"

(Click on ATC for a larger, more detailed view.) 

Process – Today’s challenge was to use paint in the card.  Not being a painting fan, I decided to do a miniature version of the saran and watercolor paint projects I use in expressive art activity.  I sprayed water on the small pieces of watercolor paper and then added drops of watercolor ink onto the card.  I then put plastic wrap on top the inks and let it dry.  I was disappointed with the final results which I didn’t get until later in the day when I was able to take the saran off of the paper. Instead of the distinct colors and patterns that I usually get on larger pieces of paper using this technique, I got muddy pools of color.  I made two in case one didn’t turn out.  However, neither one turned out the way that I hoped that they would.  So I “cheated” a bit.  I found a larger piece of the watercolor/saran project that I had previously made and cut an ATC out of it.  (It would have taken too long to dry if I tried to start another one at this point – with any kind of paint.)

Name – I chose the name “Back-up” because the end result was created from a back-up painting that I had done previously.  It is always nice to have a few “back-up” opportunities in life. 

Challenge – Make a card using something that you get in the mail tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Even the puddles of brown are nice here. It seems to say "I know there are some cheerful colors but stay grounded people". I did enough painting today for both of us.

    ReplyDelete