Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 16 - "Entwined"


(Click on ATC for a larger, more detailed view.) 

Process – I decided that today I would do a photo weaving card – in color of course since using color was today’s challenge.  This is a technique I have tried before with a picture of my niece Carsen that turned out well - actually a bit better than this, but it also was a bit larger.

I love this picture of a little boy protectively holding his cat while swinging.  The look on his face is intense and the cat is so calm and gracious to his “boy”. (This picture would never happen at this house.)  I cropped the picture to fit the ATC proportions and then printed out several copies.  I then cut one picture lengthwise at ½ inch intervals and the other widthwise at the same interval.   I wove them strips together to re-form the picture.  It was a bit of a challenge to keep the pieces together, but eventually all the pieces came together and I was able to attach it to an ATC base.  It doesn’t match up perfectly, but that is what makes it “unique”.
 
Name – I thought the word Entwined made a nice title as it represented the little boy and his patient cat as well as the way the pieces of the photos are woven together.
 
Challenge – Remember that it is Father’s Day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool thing to do. I imagine this taking a long time.

    ReplyDelete