Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 4 - "Full Circle"




Process – I was very excited to find a new background for today’s ATC. I had a scrap piece of black cover binding from the spiral bound books I sometimes make.  I cut it into several ATC size scraps.  I wanted something that would stand out on the black background so I started with the gold sticker, then I found a light blue round sticker and the daisy-like flower and the small blue dot.  I quickly noticed my “circle” theme and I decided to go with that.  I knew my challenge was to have a moving element on the card.  I was able to find a tiny white brad in my collection of "I am keeping this because someday I might need it" items.  During the day, I had worked on a present for a friend that has been dealing with grief and loss.  One of the elements of the gift included my online drawing (using Word Art) of the pink flower.  I made a version of the flower on a 3 x 5 card, cut it out and used the brad to mount it to the card.  It “moves” in a circle so I think that both meets the challenge and the theme effectively. 

Name – The name “Full Circle” represents for me the idea that life moves in a circle – lots of circles.  I like that circles are complete and whole – something that we can work toward throughout our own lives.

Challenge – Use some fabric in creating tomorrow’s ATC

1 comment: