Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 22 - "Clash"

(Click on ATC for a larger, more detailed view.) 

Process – The challenge for today was to use the vintage X-acto swivel knife that my dad sent to me.  I had several false starts including a color mess with paint pens that at least helped me know that they paint pens could finally be tossed out.  I ended up using some shaving cream marbled pieces of watercolor paper that I already had in my stash and I cut different shapes with the xacto knife.  These are not all of the shapes that I cut, they are the three that I liked best that “sort of” went together.   I know the colors don’t really go together and it looks a bit like a snake fighting an octopus in front of an out of control forest fire – but it is was it is. 

Name – I choose the name “Clash” initially to go with the mismatched colors.  Then I realized that it could work for the octopus/snake fight as well.  I have also been thinking today about how all of my projects and ideas and things I need to get done have been clashing with one another and perhaps that was the true and unconscious meaning of the card.

Challenge – The theme of this weekend – at least for me – is SIMPLIFY. (I hope to at least try to deal with all this “clashing” stuff.)   So perhaps I will use “simplify” as the card theme as well and see what comes out of that.


No comments:

Post a Comment