Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 12 - "Dad's Train"




(Click on ATC for a larger, more detailed view.) 

Process – It was a good thing that today was not the “mail box” challenge as I did not get any mail of any kind today – which is unusual.  Luckily I was able to create my own card today.  So I decided that I wanted to do something with a pattern and piece work.  As I worked on picking out which pattern I realized that with Father’s Day approaching, I could use a pattern that my dad had created years ago.  I have had this fun train drawing in my pattern collection for several years.  I scanned the original image and then shrank it down to the right size to fit on an ATC.  I made several small copies so that I could cut enough versions to accommodate the various pieces I needed.

As I mentioned before I love books and so I used a page from a book to make the train pieces.  The base of the card is actually a cover from an old notebook – it is a plastic/paper mix and that made for a strong base.  Plus I liked the color.  I highlighted each part of the train with a black Prismacolor pencil before piecing them together.   I then glued them on the card and I really like how it turned out.

Name – This card is hopefully self explanatory.  It is my dad’s drawing and in honor of him and as a “creative” Father’s Day card, I happily named it “Dad’s Train”.  This is for him. I hope he likes it.  :)

Challenge -  Create a Zentangle like drawing on a card

1 comment: