Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 29 - "Be Your Own Star"


(Click on ATC for a larger, more detailed view.) 

Process –The base of this card is from a piece of handmade paper that I made a while ago.  I inserted some thin wire into the center of some blue cord and then shaped the cord around a tiny cookie cutter to make the star shape.  I put a hole in the card and threaded the ends of the cord through it using the excess wire end to secure the rest of the cord to the back.   I left a background on the scan so that the deckle edges of the handmade paper would show.

Name – I had a hard time coming up with a name for this card.  I finally decided on “Be Your Own Star” because it sounds a bit empowering.  It is also a personal pat on the back for myself in that I have kept up with this 30 day challenge.  Tomorrow will be the last day for the ATC challenge and since June only has 30 days, I will start my next 30 day challenge on the following day.  I will announce what that will be tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment