Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 27 - "A Different Point of View"

(Click on ATC for a larger, more detailed view.)

Process & Name (These go together today)–   The name “A Different Point of View” summarizes the elements of the card and the elements came together as I looked around the studio deciding what to do.  I started by taking a decorative gift tag and cutting it to the size of an ATC.  I left the tag hole in the top thinking I would add some fiber to it when I was done.  I then dug through a box and found an old pair of cardboard 3D glasses.  There was an eye in the middle of the glasses and I knew I wanted to put that on the card too.  Also in the box I found some old negatives.  I am not sure what they are pictures of, but it doesn’t bother me at all to cut them up.  I also found some punched out stars from the thousands of photographs I have from my aunt and uncle’s collection.  I positioned each item on the card and was thinking that they were all different ways of looking at things and that is when I came up with the name.  At that point I decided not to add the fiber to the hole in the top of the card because the hole looked like a “peep hole” which is also another point of view.   Clever, right?  


No comments:

Post a Comment